Within this Policy reference to “We” or “Us” relates to SA Appointments CC., and any of its agents and partners directly involved in a) running any of its websites and b) collecting and dealing with any personal information through those websites.
In this Policy we explain how and why we collect your personal information, how we use it, and what controls you have over our use of it.
We are committed to complying with all data protection legislation governing privacy of personal information by businesses and to protecting and safeguarding your privacy when you deal with us.
1.2 Collection of information
Some information provided to us by clients, customers, contractors and other third parties might be considered private or personal. Without these details we would not be able to carry on our business and provide our services to you. We will only collect such personal information if it is necessary for one of our functions or activities.
1.3 What information do We collect
- We may receive information about you directly from you when you submit information to us through our site or by using our services (for example by filling in forms or requesting a quote).
- We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our sites.
- We may keep a record of correspondence or telephone calls if you contact us.
- We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- Personal information, including name, address, email addresses and telephone numbers, that you provide to us at the time of registering with us or for the purposes of subscribing to our website services or for the purposes of using our services (including for the avoidance of doubt making a booking), email notifications and/or newsletters;
- Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to the Sites, including information relating to any subscription for services that you make from us;
- Information about your computer (including your IP address, browser type and operating system) and about your visits to and use of the sites (including your geographical location, referral source, length of visit and number of page views); and
- Cookie information; and
- Any other information that you choose to send to us.
1.4 Using your personal data
We may use your personal information to:
- Administer the Sites and verify your identity;
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the sites for you and your computer;
- Enable your use of the services available on the sites;
- Enable the fulfilment of any contractual obligations we have with you;
- Send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- Send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the sites
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
The period of use of the personal data supplied by you will not be longer than we deem necessary, but may be unlimited.
All our website financial transactions are handled through our payment services provider(s). You should only provide your personal information to those providers after reviewing their privacy policies, which are available on their website(s).
We will share information with payment services providers only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing payments you make via our sites and for the prevention and detection of crime.
Information about our payment services providers will be provided to you on request.
1.5 Users 18 years and younger
If you are aged 18 younger, please get your parent/guardian's permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to Us directly our via the Sites. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
1.6 Disclosing your personal data
We may also use or disclose your personal information as follows:-
- To supply your name, email and telephone number and the nature of services you purchase or book through the site to businesses you purchase services with through Us and our agents or partners;
- To supply your address to businesses you purchase services with through Us, only if the nature of the service purchased requires your address; and
- To provide third parties with statistical information about our users but this information will not be used to identify any individual user.
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law, or in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, to the prospective buyer or seller of such business and assets and their advisers. If our business is sold your details will be passed onto the new owner of the business.
- Where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious, immediate threat to someone's health or safety or the public's health or safety;
- Where we reasonably suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in and the use or disclosure is a necessary part of our investigation or in reporting the matter to the relevant authorities;
- Where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary for prevention, investigation, prosecution and punishment of crimes or wrongdoings or the preparation for, conduct of, proceedings before any court or tribunal or the implementation of the orders of a court or tribunal by or on behalf of an enforcement body.
1.7 Storing and transferring your data
If you are in the European Economic Area (EEA), information which you provide may be transferred to countries (including the United States) which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the EEA.
By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure adequate security for your personal data.
1.8 Security of your personal data
Data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal data and we have in place a level of security appropriate to the nature of the data and the harm that might result from a breach of security.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected and) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password.
1.9 Your rights
You may have certain rights under the relevant data protection act in relation to the information that we hold about you. The rights may include:
- You are entitled to have access to your personal data. You may request by writing to us (at the address given below), details of your information which we hold and the purposes for which it is held. We will provide this information within 40 days of your request, subject to any routine processing continuing between that time and the time of the response. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee.
- You are entitled to request that we stop using information about you for the purpose of direct marketing (i.e. the communication to you (by whatever means) of any advertising or marketing material). The request can be made by email at any time.
- You are entitled to require a correction of errors in the personal information held about you. If we disagree that information is inaccurate you are entitled to apply to ask the court for an order that such erroneous information be rectified, blocked, destroyed or erased.
1.10 Updating information
We are committed to maintaining accurate, timely, relevant and appropriate information about our customers and web-site users.
So long as your request for your personal information is in accordance with the relevant data protection act, then we will give you access to that information.
Inaccurate information will be corrected upon receiving advice to this effect from you. To ensure confidentiality, details of your personal information will be passed on to you only if we are satisfied that the information relates to you.
If we refuse to provide you with access or correct the personal information held about you by us, then we will provide reasons for such refusal.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
We may collect information from the Site using "IP files".
When you visit our Sites to read, browse or download information, our system may record/log your IP address (the address which identifies your computer on the internet and which is automatically recognised by our web server), date and time of your visit to our site, the pages viewed and any information downloaded.
As such information collected will only be used for the purpose of site analysis and to help us offer you improved online service.
We may automatically collect non-personal information about you such as the type of Internet browsers you use or the site from which you linked to our Sites. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on our Sites.
1.12 Policy amendments
1.13 Third party websites
The Sites contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
10 Oudewerf Close